Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Synopsis:

On the day that Hurricane Katrina hits New Orleans, elderly Daisy Williams (nee Fuller) is on her deathbed in a New Orleans hospital. At her side is her adult daughter, Caroline. Daisy asks Caroline to read to her aloud the diary of Daisy's lifelong friend, Benjamin Button. Benjamin's diary recounts his entire extraordinary life, the primary unusual aspect of which was his aging backwards, being diagnosed with several aging diseases at birth and thus given little chance of survival, but who does survive and gets younger with time. Abandoned by his biological father, Thomas Button, after Benjamin's biological mother died in childbirth, Benjamin was raised by Queenie, a black woman and caregiver at a seniors home. Daisy's grandmother was a resident at that home, which is where she first met Benjamin. Although separated through the years, Daisy and Benjamin remain in contact throughout their lives...

Written by Huggo


My Rating:






Not only it has an interesting story, it also has a lesson to be learned! If I were in Benjamin Button’s position, I don’t know how I will respond to life. But Benjamin makes the best of what God has given him. May it be a child in an old man’s body or an old man trapped in a young man’s body. I cried on the part when he saw his child again after so many years of being away from her. I’ll leave you now, with my favorite lines from this movie.

Benjamin Button: For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

Benjamin ButtonYou can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go.

Benjamin ButtonOur lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.

Mrs. MapleBenjamin, we're meant to lose the people we love. How else would we know how important they are to us?

DaisyAnd in the spring, 2003, he looked at me. And I knew, that he knew, who I was. And then he closed his eyes, as if to go to sleep.

Benjamin Button: It's funny how sometimes the people we remember the least make the greatest impression on us.



No comments:

Post a Comment