Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Day at Tanay, Rizal

One of Delai Lama's rule: Every year go someplace you've never been before. I've never been to Rizal. It's an hour or so (depending on the traffic) away from Manila. Upon searching and reading different blogs about this province, I decided Tanay would be our destination this year.


First, we headed to Calinawan Cave. It comes from the word "linaw" or clear. Our tour guide told us that during the Japanese invasion, the cave serves as a hiding place for Filipino fighters. The cave has different sorts of stalactites and stalagmites. Which the tour guides are repeatedly reminding us not to touch. I thought I would feel suffocated inside and I constantly worry about my 2 year old son. But the cave is safe enough. There are low ceilings and steep part but as long as you took cautious steps and just be careful then you will be alright. It was like a workout when we finished touring the place! I was perspiring heavily and out of breath. It was a wonderful experience and a good exercise too!



From there, we went to Daranak Falls. The place was packed with tourist like us. Many children were already enjoying the cool water from the falls. It literally feels like the water have ice on it. From the shallow part, the water to me looks dirty but on the deeper part at the foot of the falls the water is semi clear. We had a nice time there but the only thing I complain is the comfort and shower rooms! They only have one CR with 5 cubicles. How would they accommodate hundreds (or thousands?) of people? Especially during summer season, they must think of things like that. 



To end our Tanay, Rizal adventure, we went to Tanay Lakeshore or Parola. When I saw pictures of this place in the internet, I thought it was a giant structure. But when I saw it, it's not that high! My thought, Hey I can climb that in seconds! Wrong. My knees were trembling after a few steps that I hold on to the railing so tight. Haha! Looks can be deceiving. I was a coward little girl. Because I have the camera, my sister was already scolding me for it took me forever to make it to the top. After few shots, I couldn't wait to descend. It was a funny experience! :)



Three places in one day. Rizal has satisfied the nature lover part of me.Will I return again to these places? Maybe. Maybe not. But if I ever visit again, maybe we'll try other spots like Daraitan River, Regina Rica, Kinabuan Falls and the Grotto. That's just some place you could visit in Rizal. But you could always explore and discover more!

No comments:

Post a Comment