Friday, July 27, 2012

Edith's Longganisa

These past days my taste buds are a little picky. I have no appetite to eat breakfast and I know it's not good to start a day like that. So I ask my mother if she can cook the "no fail" meal for me - her longganisa! My mother is a meat vendor and she sells longganisa, tocino, hamonado, embutado and sometimes other products that her customer request. Her homemade longganisang bawang (garlic pork sausage) is a hit to all her avid customers and my all time favorite. I can eat it everyday. With matching vinegar or tomatoes. And because of these longganisa, our mom was able to support our study and finish college. I am never ashamed of that. Eating this reminds me how lucky I am to have a hardworking mother.

Now, let me share the recipe of her famous Longganisang Bawang:

my breakfast this morning! *yum!

Ingredients:
1 kilo ground pork
100 grams garlic, minced
1/2 tsp MSG (vetsin)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp Lea Perrins
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt

Procedure:
Mix them all together. Put in a clean and prepared pig's intestine. Measure about 3 inches and tie it in both ends. Refrigerate.
When cooking, simmer in boiling water for 5 minutes or until the longganisa are tender. Fry in it's own oil until golden brown. Serve with rice and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joyce, I have seen that you added pages and in the pages you are able to show each post individually. Can you please teach me how to do this, mine pages shows link only.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete