Thursday, July 19, 2012

Philhealth Contribution

Are you a member of Philhealth? Philhealth's vision is to provide adequate and affordable social health insurance coverage for ALL Filipinos. Their monthly contribution for a Individually Paying members is P100. When my son has been hospitalized after I gave birth to him, I was concern for two things - his health and the hospital bills. I am just being honest here. Although my main concern is my son, they can confine my son in the hospital for how many days or weeks for all I care just to be sure that he will be fine, but subconsciously I am also computing how much would the bill be? Everyone should be prepared to emergency expenses like that. I haven't and that's daunting. After three days, my son has been discharged but because I have Philhealth we were able to have discounts. Or how do I say it? Philhealth covered some of the bills so our bill was reduced. Good thing I paid my Philhealth Contribution!



This year 2012, I've been lazy and just paid for July - December contribution just now. I guess, I've been very busy. We never know what will happen to us. What if one of us needs to be hospitalized again? I better be safe than sorry and besides what is P1200 for a whole year of payment to the service it would give me? When I work full time, I  will get a more comprehensive health insurance that will cover me and my son. The security it would give me is worth the money that I will pay for  it. But of course, I would rather not use them! It's just for "emergency purposes" which I hope would never happen. EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment