Monday, February 27, 2012

Nayong Pilipino

Mabuhay!!!

Since we are going to the 17th Hot Air Balloon Festival, I checked some place which we can visit while within Pampanga. Nayong Pilipino is within that list. So after feasting our eyes with the colorful, gigantic, and mushy hot air balloons, we went to Nayong Pilipino.


When I was in elementary, I remember we used to have field trips in the old Nayong Pilipino. The one in Pasay I think. It was closed many years ago so I was surprised to learn that there is a new Nayong Pilipino in Clark Freeport Zone at Pampanga. Entrance fee is affordable P50 for adult, P20 for children and additional fees for different facilities such as if you want to rent a table or ride their coasters.



Overall, I am not satisfied for only few places are highlighted (Barasoain Church, Emilio Aguinaldo House, and Aeta's replica houses). If I am a foreigner and I want a quick tour of what Phillipines has to offer, Nayong Pilipino could not do what its purpose is. According to this site, this park is essentially a representation in a miniature-version of the diverse Philippines and its culture, all in one place. As I've said, there's nothing much to see. I wish the government would develop it because it is such a nice idea to have an area where you can see ALL the beautiful sceneries in our country all in one place. And I tell you, there are LOTS of breath taking tourist spots in the Philippines! I think it would also help our economy if tourism would flourish here. Nonetheless, we enjoyed our stay there and took something with us as we explore the place - pictures!!!


the replica of Barasoain Church.
(I'm from Malolos, Bulacan and the real thing is much more charming
so visit the real Barasoain Church in my hometown :) )



Kalinga Village's replica houses



cool interior

very colorful and fashionable!




And that ends our Nayong Pilipino trip.

Mabuhay!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment