Tuesday, May 14, 2013

E13

This is what's left of my indelible ink when I voted earlier today:


I wash Riley's clothes by hand, clean his bottles, wash the dishes, and clean Lucky's aquarium (Riley's pet turtle). My hand is pretty used up. But anyway, this post is not about my motherly duties. This is about the automated election. My sister is not yet home and its already 1:30 in the morning! She served as a Board of Election Instructors (BEIs). According to her text, they had problems with the PCOS machine and so they were delayed in transmitting the results. Apparently, 1671 incidents of PCOS machine problems were also reported. It makes me wonder, if an automated election is better than manual. The result may be faster with this kind of election, but what about the troubles, the glitches, the accuracy? When we deal with a non-living, non-thinking, no conscience machine, it's hard to rely on it 100%. 

Ah well, I'm hoping that we vote the right candidate. And let's just hope the machines would not fail to say so.

UPDATE: My sister is home. According to her, transmitting the results took a long while. The modem is slow or not working. She's even unsure if all the votes were transmitted. That's just her experience. I would have to ask my brother who served as PCOS technician about his experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment