Friday, July 30, 2010

A Hopeful Nation

I’m sure everyone has heard about the first State of the Nation Address (SONA) of our Pres. Noynoy Aquino last July 26. Before I was not really into politics. I mean I don’t wait for the SONA. I’m even annoyed when they stop regular programming just to cover events like SONA. But now, I only open our television just to watch the news! Unlike before where I got depressed watching the news because it’s the same old story every day. It’s like this time there’s something to look forward to. I want to be updated with what’s happening to our country. I want to hear what the President’s cabinet members have to say with regards to some issues. And when I heard the solutions to these issues, I become “hopeful.” I don’t know but somehow I believe that it can be done. Not like the previous administration where I stop believing. All they do is make promises.


I like that P-NOY speech is in Filipino. You use English when you’re at work, or talking to a foreigner, or trying to impress someone. But when you’re talking to your fellow Pinoy, isn’t it more heartfelt to use your own language? More convenient too I must add. He mentions some of the problems our country is facing. Some congressmen say it is “bitin” and a lot of issues were not tackled. But how long do you want the SONA to take? Forever? LOL. Besides, P-NOY has 6 years to prove himself. Let’s solve one problem at a time.

It really makes a difference when you have trust to the authority you have. I pray that this trust won’t be put to waste yet again.



Ang mandato nating nakuha sa huling eleksyon ay patunay na umaasa pa rin ang Pilipino sa pagbabago. Iba na talaga ang situwasyon. Puwede na muling mangarap. Tayo nang tumungo sa katuparan ng ating mga pinangarap. 

                                                                                ---Pres. Noynoy Aquino

No comments:

Post a Comment