Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Great Ilocandia Tour Day 2

This is the continuation of The Great Ilocandia Tour of our family. You can read what happened in Day 1 here. Our Day 2 started out great! We're excited to discover Ilocos Norte more. The day was perfect and I remember waking up in a chirpy mood - singing Titanium while taking a bath. :) I am always the second one up (my mother is number one) and all set ahead of our call time. And that says a lot about me because I am not (and will never be) a morning person. Riley is in a happy mood as well. He's always ready for any adventure!

6:37 AM (Friday)
Ate breakfast courtesy of NorthView Hotel. Then checked out.

Well GOOD morning!

8:30 AM
Our first stop: Cape Bojeador Lighthouse. It was built in 1890 and still serves as a guide to international ships that enter the Philippine Archipelago from the northA cultural heritage established during the Spanish Colonial period. It's on a hill so the view from above is spectacular! 


9:18 AM
Next is Kapurpurawan Rock Formation in Burgos. The wind is blowing wild in this part of Ilocos. There are two ways in reaching the rock formation. By walking or by riding a horse. I had no choice the moment Riley saw the horses. He was pointing at it persistently and yelling "horse" over and over again! A mom has got to do what a mom has got to do. 


10:20 AM
Bangui Windmill is the most anticipated part of this trip. I told my sister "di bale ng hindi mapuntahan yung iba wag lang Bangui!" When we saw the windmills from a distance we were filled with eagerness to reach it fast. It's just awesome! These "malaking bentilador" (as Kuya Jerwin called them) are towering on us majestically. It was a heady feeling. 


11:48 AM
Less than two hours from Bangui is the Pagudpud Arc. Now, I say arc because we didn't go to the actual Pagudpud beach. We have little time to spare since we'll still have to travel to Baguio. It would be a hassle going to the beach and not be able to swim because of time issue. I wish we can see the beach but at least, we can say we've been to Pagudpud, right?


1:38 PM
We're back in Paoay for the famous Paoay Church. It's a picturesque church no wonder it is one of the tourist destination in Ilocos Norte. Built in 1710 (man, this church is old!), it was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site as one best examples of the Baroque Churches of the Philippines in 1993. I pray it won't collapse or anything if ever an earthquake hit it. 



2:38 PM
Lunch!!!! We have foods during this trip but nothing beats sitting down and eating leisurely. We had lunch at - oh, oh I don't remember the name of the restaurant. It was something Rafael's or Rafaelito's? Nothing outstanding about the food. But we were hungry folks so we attack the food ravenously!

Pinakbet and Poqui-poqui

That wraps-up our Ilocos Sur/ Ilocos Norte Tour. Happy times! I already miss my ate. :( She's the mastermind behind our travels. Anyway, our adventure is not over yet. Next destination: Baguio. It was "legendary" as well. I'll write about it as soon as I can. Ciao for now! :)

jump shot at Ilocos - checked and done!





No comments:

Post a Comment