Thursday, September 29, 2011

Typhoon Pedring

September 27, 2011 I woke up with the sound of strong wind and our roof's banging sound. Oh no! Another typhoon to hit the Philippines! I was scared of the wrath of Typhoon Pedring and I was worried that our roof might give up. As I check my Facebook I am not the only one who feels that way. I wanted my mom, who still manage to go to work, to come home. I watched the news to get updated and the situation are worst in some part of Metro Manila. Then at around 12:00 pm, one of our neighbor shout "Patayin nyo ang fuse nyo, nasusunog ang Romers!" Romer's Trading is a fabrics store just across the street and at that moment it is burning. We were terrified! Good thing, fire trucks from different municipality started arriving and after four hours of putting off the fire, it was declared stabilized and so everyone breathe a sigh of relief.

So from then on, electricity is cut off, with no news to listen to. I want to be prepared next time so I will buy a mini radio that runs in battery in case power electricity is down again. I am also glad that I thought of charging our flashlight and my cellphone before electricity is cut off. We also have reserved mineral water so it is not a problem. Now that another typhoon is looming in the view, I hope that everyone would be more ready and equipped. Click here for some tips we should remember in times of typhoon.

And here's the official websites of PAG-ASA  and PAG-ASA twitter for more weather reports.

The best defense in this kind of calamity is be prepared and be aware. I hope we learn our lesson during the Ondoy times. Be safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment