Wednesday, October 5, 2011

World Teachers' Day



Some people are meant to build houses, some to answer calls, some to be a leader, some to work abroad, and some to program a computer. Me? I was meant to be with kids, to educate them, to share stories with them. To inspire them to study. I was meant to be a teacher.


If I had only realized this sooner, it would have saved me 7 years of unproductive college years. I should have taken child psychology, or special education or preschool teaching or even social work right away! Not that I regret anything. But sometimes I wonder why didn't I know what I really wanted back then. What leads me to conclude that if I took Computer Engineering I would be happier? I guess I was blinded by the opportunities because computer courses are really in demand. Anyway, it's not too late. So when I had the time to take up uniting in Education I grab the chance. So yeah, I am part of the 900 billion community of teachers all over the world who is celebrating World Teachers' Day today! :)

I can't even begin how teachers play a vital role in every one's life. Without their patience and devotion for teaching young minds the basics of learning, we wouldn't have doctors, or lawyers, or engineers, and even presidents! It doesn't matter who they are, they can be in the form of a a mother, a sister, a friend, a child, or a stranger, as long as there is that burning passion of bestowing knowledge, anyone can be called a TEACHER. So it's appropriate to SALUTE and THANK them for the service they rendered.

This is our day! Thank you to all my teachers in the past! And to the my wonderful sisters, Janice and Ate, here's to more years of teaching! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment