Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

It's Mother's Day again! To tell you the truth I don't need this day to celebrate my mom or myself. Every single day is mother's day to me. Having our ina, is a constant reminder how blessed and lucky I am to have her. I am a good mother to Riley because I am raised by a wonderful person that is my mother. I don't know what will become of me if not for her subtle guidance. That's what I like most about my mom. Hindi siya yung magsasalita or mangangaral. I learn by her example. I learn by her humility. I learn by her love. We all learn a thing or two from our mothers. And for me it is my mom's gentle upbringing.

Anyway, my mom turns 60 last January. Because of our crazy schedule back then I wasn't able to blog about it. So let me blog it now to honor our one and only ina. First of all, my siblings and I wanted a party for her. She never had a birthday party all her life. So by hook or by crook, we will have a party for her! We have to be complete. Kahit taga New Zealand ka pa I DOWN'T CARE! Uuwi kayo lahat dito or pasasabugin ko lahat ng mga bulkan jan! Haha. That's also the reason why Janice's wedding has to be in February. My ate can only vacation in a month. Also, we shoulder all the expenses! Cyempre dapat sitting pretty lang ang ina. We handled all the details and I am happy with the results. My mom is a blushing senior citizen on that day :)


Invitation done by me

Cake from Goldillocks (discounted because of Kuya Jerwin's affliation)

Cake bites baked by ate and me

Dress bought by Janice

Food provided by Chowking (discounted due to Manager Eddie Boy) :)

Photobook from Photobook Philippines and layout by me. I got it on promo. 
It served as the guest book too.

Photobooth layout by me. O diba kumpleto kami! 



Video greetings by her family, friends and relatives
she was so surprise to see this during her bday!
compiled by me

It was a simple celebration but everything is a family effort! It was party done with overflowing love. We love you ina and we wish to show you how much we appreciate you for many more years! Happy Mother's Day!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment