Monday, May 26, 2014

Pajama to Dress

This is a simple refashion and I've been wanting to try this for a long time. It's called "pillow case dress" refashion. Just Google it and lots of tutorial will come up. So to save me from nose bleeding (ang hirap mag english lalo na pag tutorial ha! lol) just search for the instructions! Also you can look at these photos and I'll try my very best to explain it so you can make yourself a pillow case dress too!

 Yup, I didn't even use a pillow case. What I have is a pajama/slacks type of pants. That will do.

Unstitched the side with the broken line. And keep the strings. We'll be needing it for the strap.

I put together the unstitched part  and cut it into a rectangle. Also the bottom will now be the top. 

I still need practice sewing in a straight line without the chalk!

Hem the seams. Cut loose fabrics and cut the top diagonally like so in the photo.

Then I insert the strap. 

And made some sash!

Okay, it's not as easy as it sounds but you get the idea. 
And just like that a pajama is now a pillow dress.
Now I'm sleepy! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment