Saturday, June 16, 2012

Humility

I'm sure the whole world knows about "Bradley-Pacquiao" boxing match last Sunday, 06102012. I didn't watch the fight because I am not really a sporty kind of girl. I don't need to witness it, just want to hear the news who won. So when my sister announced Pacquiao loss, my first thought was: "That was a first!"

Yes, I thought a man like Pacman would never be defeated. And my reaction was somehow sad, I feel devastated. If I and most Filipinos feel this way, how much more Manny Pacquiao himself? But when he was interviewed after the fight, he was cool about it and respect the judges decision. WOW! Now that's what I call humility.

Humility is such a strong word for me. It's so hard to stay humble when you're on top. Or when you know you are better than other people. When you know you possess things that others do not have. We think high of ourselves. We want to be noticed, to be prominent, to be in the limelight rather than on the sidelines. Humility is lost somewhere within our selfish hearts. :(

I know right! LOL. I am a victim of my own selfishness and "I am too good for this" mentality. It's easier to brag and show off when you think you are good at doing something.Wrong wrong wrong. The true meaning of humility is learning to be content when others are elevated above ourselves. Learning to rejoice when someone else is preferred over us, and giving credits to others without insisting on getting it all for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment