Monday, June 25, 2012

The Bourne Legacy

The buzz about shooting 40% of this movie in the Philippines is enough to entice the whole Filipino nations including yours truly. The Bourne Legacy is a spin-off from the Bourne movies - The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum. I've never watch any of those so I downloaded them last Friday and over the weekend I got to watched them. And I must say I am impress! I like the story, the action scenes, and I think I fall in love with Matt Damon who plays the role of "Jason Bourne" after watching it! Good Brilliant actor and I want  to marry him. LOL. Jason Bourne was a CIA assassin. They were trained to kill. I love the whole espionage, the chasing, how he escapes from the villains, and the twist and turn of the story. I prefer movies with mystery and secrecy involve especially when it includes government agencies like CIA, NSA, FBI and national security. This film is based on the novel written by Robert Ludlum. Now, how does The Bourne Legacy fit in the story?

The Bourne Legacy is a completely original screenplay. A story about another CIA agent Aaron Cross (who was portrayed by Jeremy Renner). No Matt Damon for me in this movie, huhu. As I read it, the premise of the film seems to be that the bad guys want to wipe out all the genetically modified killers that could lead to Jason Bourne-type disasters. This forces Aaron Cross to run for it and I guess that leads to the scenes shot in Manila. The movie will be shown on August 3 and I hope I can watch it in the cinema (or I can wait for a few weeks and download it). Here's the trailer and the jeepney chase is one scene I am excited for: 




No comments:

Post a Comment