Thursday, May 17, 2012

American Idol 11



I just watched the Americal Idol Top 3 performed and belted their heart out. In the past, I don't really fanatically follow it. But because this time there's a Mexican-Filipina whose name is Jessica Sanchez, you bet I watched it since the first episode. Since the beginning, she has proved her skills and talent in singing. I was shock (and maybe the rest of the world) when she was nearly voted out but I was relieved that the judges save her. It was an overwhelming save. But as the finals are drawing nearer, it is hard to tell who will win it because Joshua Ledet and Phil Phillips are great too.

And you know who is more excited to know and follow AI week after week? My father! I think my father had mention for the 100th time that he knows Jessica's family in Bataan. My father was born and raised in Calaguiman, Samal, Bataan. He would always say he knows Nana Crusita (Jessica's grandmother) and would always praise Jessica. He would watch with us and he get disappointed when the judges didn't give Jessica a standing ovation after her performance. I can't stand the wait but I really hope Jessica wins it because 1) she is a great singer and 2) she is the first half Filipina ever to be an Idol winner.

Tomorrow, we will know if she makes to Top 2 or not. But I truly believe, winner or not, she'll land a record deal. And when she does, I'll be there to buy one! Keep singing Jessica!

Jessica Sanchez all the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment