Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Diaper Matter

This morning, I woke up with my son crying beside our bed. I then notice he pee on his brief thus the reason of his crying. I on the other hand was so proud of him. Why? That is the third time he crawl out of bed to pee and for whatever reason he didn't want to wet the bed sheet! Bless you my son! :)

It's been two months since I last bought him disposable diapers. Although, he is not potty trained yet (my son is still working on it) I am letting go of his diapers. He wears briefs or shorts or sometimes nothing at all! Blame it on the hot weather, he prefer the latter. Hehe. Besides the comfort he gets from not wearing any diapers, there are advantages too like I don't have to spend money for it and it helps the environment! Do you know that it takes 355 YEARS for a single diaper to decompose? I didn't know either that's why I am guilty and sad that I contributed to that waste. :( I wish I had realize this sooner. Sorry Mother Earth. I promise I will rethink of my actions and my choices first before doing something drastic. Anyway, it's not too late. That's why I am blogging about this. Maybe, parents can reconsider using disposable diapers? We can use CLOTH DIAPERS instead! Just like what I bought for my son:


If I have only been considerate, I would have used cloth diapers from the start then. Although, we have what we called "lampin," cloth diapers would be a better choice so investing on them should be a priority. It's been an advocacy of some mommy blogs that I follow. And I promise it to be my advocacy too. That's why I am thinking of selling them in my online shoppe. They can use this as they grow. It is a little messier to use I agree but the reward is priceless. This is something we can do to help our environment. It's for our children's future. Plus they will be more happy. Just look at my son. 



Ah, I've done my part! Hope you do to! Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment